Don’t you just love the moist, rich taste of old-fashioned chocolate cake? Unfortunately, for those of us pursuing a gluten-free lifestyle, delicious chocolate cake is tough to find. We’ve got a solution: Satisfy your cravings with this amazingly delicious gluten-free recipe!
Added bonus: This recipe is packed with lentils. MAJOR superfood points!
Now let’s get those cravings satisfied!
First, I need you to round up these ingredients:
• ½ C. cooked lentils, pureed
• 1 C. gluten-free all-purpose flour
• 2/3 C. sugar
• ½ C. cocoa powder
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• ¼ tsp. salt
• ¼ C. yogurt (May be dairy or soy, coconut, or rice)
• 2 large eggs
• ½ Tbs. apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract (gluten free)
• 1/3 c. hot water
• Powdered sugar for dusting
Got them? OK. Now a few simple steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Oil an 8 inch round pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Beat together the sour cream, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, and lentil puree.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Slowly pour in the hot water, beating steadily. The batter will be thin, but should not be watery.
6. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake about 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
8. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
This would be so delicious garnishes with some seasonal berries or a dollop of yogurt. Makes my mouth water.