- 1 Tablespoon minced or chopped garlic
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onions
- 10 Ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and gently squeezed of excess water
- 14 Ounce can artichoke hearts (water packed), drained and chopped
- 1 recipe of Alfredo Sauce (see below)
- 1 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Tablespoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat the inside of the crock of a slow cooker with canola cooking spray.
- Add garlic, green onions, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl and stir to blend.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of the prepared slow cooker crock and heat on HIGH until bubbly (about 60 minutes).
- Serve warm with slices of wheat baguette bread, reduced fat tortilla chips, reduced fat whole grain crackers, or Mediterranean Snacks™ Veggie Medley Chips or Multigrain Chips.
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter or stick butter
- 2 cups fat free half and half (whole or lowfat milk can also be used to decrease fat and calories of dip)
- 4 tablespoons Wondra quick-mixing flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in medium, nonstick saucepan.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the fat-free half and half, 4 tablespoons Wondra flour, and nutmeg and pepper. Slowly stir in remaining half and half. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to gently boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (about 4 minutes). Stir in 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
You could make this dip ahead of time, keep it covered in the refrigerator and then at least one hour before the party, spread it into a slow cooker crock and heat on HIGH for an hour (or until bubbly) and then serve.