A trip to the orchard is a wonderful family outing for fall weather. Fresh produce from the orchard can be used in plethora of festive recipes. Fresh apples and pumpkins are the staples of autumn produce, and they’re delicious in much more than just pie. If you like hummus and salsa, you’ll love these savory autumn-inspired dips!
- 15 Ounce pureed pumpkin
- 1 large apple, diced small
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook onion over medium-high heat, until translucent.
- Add apple and cook until just softened.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pumpkin and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Add half of the chicken broth and cook 2-3 minutes.
- If dip is very thick, you may need to add the rest of the broth and cook another few minutes.
- Serve warm with Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips!