- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 recipe homemade light guacamole (see below)
- 1 Cup all-natural, low-salt salsa
- 2/3 Cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Cup green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1 recipe homemade Light Guacamole (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the Greek yogurt with the cumin and cayenne and set aside.
- Place the beans in a microwave-safe dish and mash them with a fork. Microwave them 2-5 minutes and mash again to desired consistency.
- Spread the beans in the bottom of a shallow dish or casserole. Sprinkle half the cheese over the beans. Spread the Guacamole over the cheese . Spread the Salsa over the Guacamole . Spread the yogurt over the salsa and top with green onions and tomatoes. Top with the remaining cheese and fresh cilantro
- Bake the dip until it is warm all the way through.
- Serve with Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- Wear rubber gloves to seed and finely mince the Jalapeno pepper.
- Combine one half of the avocado in a food processor with the yogurt, onion, pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and cumin. Process until smooth.
- Mash the remaining half of the avocado with a fork and combine it with the pureed avocado mixture.
- Gently fold in chopped tomatoes.