Hummus has become a staple of nearly every American grocery store and it’s now easier than ever for hummus fans to find their favorite flavor and start dipping!
The American method of enjoying hummus – dipping it cold on pita, crackers, or chips – is quite different from its traditional presentation. In many Middle Eastern countries hummus is served fresh out of the oven and enjoyed as a steaming accompaniment to bread, meat, and vegetables.
With its rich, nutty flavors, hot hummus is a perfect snack or light meal for chilly autumn days. Make some today with this simple recipe.
Give hot hummus a try today and discover a more authentic, delicious twist on this trendy favorite! Served with our Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips, it’s a healthy snack filled with hearty taste you’ll love and protein and fiber you can feel good about.
- 1 recipe Classic Hummus (see below)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon pine nuts
- sweet paprika
- Spread the hummus in the bottom of a shallow casserole.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil in a small pan and lightly sauté 2 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- Pour the mixture over the hummus and sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Bake the hummus for 20 min at 400ºF.
- Serve hot hummus with fresh bread or our Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips.
For Classic Hummus recipe, click here
Hot Hummus is also delicious:
- In a wrap with grilled or sautéed vegetables
- As topping for a grilled chicken breast
- Spread on a Panini or sandwich