Looking for healthy, tasty snacks for the upcoming school year? Try a bowl delicious homemade hummus! Homemade hummus is simple and fun to prepare and offers many opportunities for creativity with your favorite veggies or herbs. Rich in taste and low in fat, it pairs perfectly with sliced veggies, crackers, and all three flavors of our Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips.
- 1 16-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained with ½ cup of the juice reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 4 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Place beans with 1/3 cup of the juice, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, hot sauce and parsley in a food processor, and chop.
- Add more juice if hummus is too thick. Do not overprocess, as mixture should have some texture.
- Serve with Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Add 1/2 cup of chopped roasted red peppers to the recipe above. Try this zesty blend with our Sea Salt Baked Lentil Chips.
Herbed Hummus Add 2/3 cup of your favorite herb (try parsley, basil, or cilantro) to the recipe above. This hummus pairs perfectly with our Cucumber Dill Baked Lentil Chips.
Sundried Tomato Hummus Add 3-5 oil packed sun dried tomatoes to the classic hummus recipe. Sundried Tomato Hummus and Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Baked Lentil Chips are a match made in heaven!