- 1 16-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained with ½ cup of the juice reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 4 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Place beans with 1/3 cup of the juice, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, hot sauce and parsley in a food processor, and chop.
- Add more juice if hummus is too thick. Do not overprocess, as mixture should have some texture.
- Serve with Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Lentil Chips.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Add 1/2 cup of chopped roasted red peppers to the recipe above. Try this zesty blend with our Sea Salt Baked Lentil Chips.
Herbed Hummus Add 2/3 cup of your favorite herb (try parsley, basil, or cilantro) to the recipe above. This hummus pairs perfectly with our Cucumber Dill Baked Lentil Chips.
Sundried Tomato Hummus Add 3-5 oil packed sun dried tomatoes to the classic hummus recipe. Sundried Tomato Hummus and Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Baked Lentil Chips are a match made in heaven!