If you like hummus, then Baba Ganoush is another guilt free spread to keep in your refrigerator. Complimenting our Baked Lentil Chips perfectly, Baba Ganoush is a Middle Eastern spread made from baked eggplants that can be combined with all your favorite seasoning and powders.
Sonny & Joe’s brand makes delectable Baba Ganoush in many different flavors and can help you stay right on track at snack time.
If you can’t find it in the grocery store it is easy to prepare. Below is a recipe for a classic Baba Ganoush:
- 1 large eggplant, pricked with fork
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup parsely, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- BAKE eggplant on a cookie sheet at 450ºF for about 20 minutes, rotating until the eggplant is soft inside. Let cool.
- SCRAPE out the pulp and purée with the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- TRANSFER to a serving bowl and garnish with rosemary.
- SERVE with Mediterranean Snacks® Baked Lentil Chips®