Did you know that lentils are the perfect ingredient for crafting hearty, healthy cookies? Packed with protein and fiber, these chuncky treats will satisfy your child’s sweet tooth the nutritious way!
This recipe comes to us from Cooking Channel star Bal Arneson.
-1 C. cooked lentils
-2 sticks butter
-1 C. brown sugar
-1 C. whole wheat flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 C. rolled oats
-1 C. slivered almonds
-1 C. pumpkin seeds
-1 C. chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. Cream the lentils, butter, and brown sugar.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and blend.
4. Add the flour and baking soda and mix.
5. Stir in the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
6. Drop cookies by the spoonful on the prepared baking sheet, and flatten slightly.
7. Bake 13-18 minutes and cool on a baking rack.