This savory lentil crust is excellent on fish, and can also be used on skinless chicken breasts.
Gather these ingredients:
• 2 lbs. fish or chicken cut into 6 fillets
• ¼ C. red lentils
• ¼ C. all-purpose flour
• 1 pinch each: cayenne and paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these steps:
1. Preheat over to 400o F.
2. Grind the lentils into fine flour using a food processor or spice grinder.
3. Mix the lentil flour, all-purpose flour, cayenne and paprika.
4. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
5. Coat a hot, non-stick skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
6. Dip one side of fish in flour mixture and place crust side down in the skillet.
7. Allow fish to brown for at least two minutes. Then gently lift fish with a spatula to check for color.
8. When the crust is lightly browned, turn the fish and cook for an additional minute.
9. Place the fish in an oven-proof dish and bake for 3-5 minutes until fish is cooked through.