If you like hummus, than Baba Ganoush is another guilt free spread to keep in your refrigerator. Complimenting our Baked Lentil Chips perfectly, Baba Ganoush is a Middle Eastern spread made from baked eggplants that can be combined with all your favorite seasoning and powders.
Sonny & Joe’s brand makes delectable Baba Ganoush in many different flavors and can help you stay right on track at snack time.
If you can’t find it in the grocery store it is easy to prepare. Below is a recipe for a classic Baba Ganoush:
3 medium-sized eggplants
1/2 cup (130g) tahini (roasted sesame paste)
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/8 teaspoon chile powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
a half bunch picked flat-leaf parsley or cilantro leaves
(You can add your favorite seasonings and powders to the recipe, to taste, and make it your perfect flavor)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
2. Prick each eggplant a few times, then char the outside of the eggplants by placing them directly on the flame of a gas burner and as the skin chars, turn them until the eggplants are uniformly-charred on the outside. (If you don’t have a gas stove, you can char them under the broiler. If not, skip to the next step.)
3. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until they’re completely soft; you should be able to easily poke a paring knife into them and meet no resistance.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Split the eggplant and scrape out the pulp. Puree the pulp in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients until smooth.
6. Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary. Chill for a few hours before serving. Serve with Baked Lentil Chips
Storage: Baba Ganoush can be made and refrigerated for up to five days prior to serving.
Serve Baba Ganoush with Mediterranean Snack Foods Baked Lentil Chip line.